Friday, December 7, 2012

7 Quick Takes

Joining Jen and company!
1. Yesterday morning we all awoke to find our shoes filled with goodies! Except Will.  Then we Christmas crafted all day long, but we really don't have much to show for it. I wish I was craftier!
2. Shane and I are at a standstill in our late night tv watching. We just got caught up on Parenthood, which we enjoyed, and now we don't know what show to start on. Any ideas?
3. Shane is at his firm's Christmas party tonight. And spouses are not invited. So now I have to sit here into the wee hours of the morning by myself...one of my most favourite things ever.
4. So today we were dropping Shane off at work and then we were going to go and do a few errands, and then go back and get Shane since he had an hour to kill between work and his party. Well the worst thing ever happened and that is that I forgot my cell phone at home, and didn't notice until after Shane had left. What did people do before cell phones?! I had no way of telling Shane that we were there to pick him up (he works in a huge building and we can't get in without security passes plus I wouldn't know the way..) And so what did I see on the side of the road, but a payphone. I stopped, plunked in my quarter...but then I didn't even know his phone number! So we drove to his office, in the worst traffic ever (for Halifax) hoping he would just come down, but of course he didn't. UGH...Maria said "Mommy, we are having a lot of problems!!" We drove home, all of us crying because our one hour with Daddy was taken away. (Daddy time is verrrrry precious around here...and the fact that he wasn't coming home at all tonight really killed all of our spirits).
5. On nights when Shane is out late, I may let my 5 year old stay up with me, and then fall asleep on the couch, because it gives me some sense of security. Or maybe makes it less lonely?
6.. Have you entered my giveway? Do it.
7. Maria and I are going to see the Nutcracker on Sunday. I am SO excited!
 Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, no spouses?! I would have made Francis skip it! Well, not really, but I would have wanted to. :)

    Secondly, so sorry to hear you missed out on that hour. I know how long the days get with three littles, and one hour with Daddy can make ALL the difference, especially when it's going to be a really late day.

    ReplyDelete